Posted on: 14 July 2015
Whether it's for a birthday, an anniversary or any other special occasion, it's great to give personalized gifts. If you are wanting to plan ahead, here are some ideas that might inspire you to create unique and attractive gifts for your friends and family.
Personalized Aprons - Aprons make really great gifts for men, women and children.
- If you are good with a sewing machine, consider making your own. Otherwise, craft and hobby stores often carry plain aprons that can be embellished with your own design.
- One gift idea for your husband or your father is to have all of the children make footprints with paint right onto the apron and write the words My kids walk all over me.
- A fun apron design for the gals would be to stamp a big kiss in the center of the apron and add the words The cook accepts kisses in exchange for treats.
- A cute apron for kids might have a painted sunshine on the front and the words I'm a sunbeam!
Decorated Magnets - If you need a small gift, just present one or two decorated magnets. For a larger gift, several of them.
- You'll need glue, cute paper, stamps, stamp ink, and tiles that measure about two inches by two inches. You'll also need a strong magnet. You can buy both tiles and magnets at a builder's supply store, a hobby store or a craft store. In addition, you'll need a very strong glue so that the magnets won't fall apart easily.
- For men, consider stamps of mustaches, dogs, or any other masculine design. Think about using light tan tiles and brown or black ink. All you need to do is apply the stamp and then spray it with polyurethane to make it more durable.
- For the gals, think about cutting out really feminine gift wrapping paper to adhere to the tiles. Another source is sections cut out from greeting cards or from stationery. After gluing the paper on, coat it with white paste that dries clear.
- Children love to have their own stamps. Consider using postage stamps for older kids and comic strips for little ones. Follow the same directions that you used for paper decorations and you're all set to go.
Printed Cards - Can you imagine receiving paper gifts that have been personalized just for you? Consider this type of gift for friends and family members.
- If you're comfortable doing your own artwork, consider designing note cards for the gals on your list. Another great idea is to personalize recipe cards with a name or a monogram.
- For the men on your list, consider personalized playing cards or letterhead writing paper.
- Consider making gift cards for the little ones to attach to a gift when going to a birthday party.
- Office supply stores or printing businesses like H B Fast Print have trained staff members that will help you to make choices on the right kind of papers and inks to use for your gifts.
Best wishes as you create personalized gifts.Share